As communities across the world have become aware of the health risks of the COVID-19 corona virus, we must take precautions wherever possible to help reduce the spread. JFM Environmental Limited remains committed to playing our part in ensuring the health and well being of our staff, customers, and community.
JFM Environmental Limited will continue to operate during this period, however, our office will be temporarily closed to the public as of March 17, 2020, as we shift most of our work to remote work stations wherever possible. Our phone lines remain open to your calls and we will respond to all e-mails received.
In addition to our standard health and safety policies and procedures, all JFM employees shall adhere to our COVID-19 protocols as follows:
- Should an employee of JFM become unwell or demonstrate any symptoms of illness related to COVID-19, they shall notify management and remain at home in self-isolation for 14 days.
- All JFM employees who have returned from international travel are required to self-isolate for a total of 14 days.
- Prior to returning to work all JFM employees are required to complete the online COVID-19 self-assessment screening tool.
- JFM employees are required to practice physical distancing at all times (i.e. keep a distance of 6 feet (2 metres) away from other people at all times). Wherever possible, work is to be conducted remotely and meetings are to be conducted via email / telephone / and video conferencing.
- JFM Employees are required to wash their hands with soap and water thoroughly and often using proper hand washing techniques, keep surfaces clean and disinfected, cough and sneeze into their arms, and avoid touching their face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- JFM Employees are required to use any necessary personal protective equipment as directed.
- In addition to our standard health and safety policies, JFM employees must also adhere to any health and safety measures put in place by the site management and/or property owner as well as any site specific COVID-19 protocols.
- JFM employees are not permitted to enter a site whereby any of the workers and/or occupants have exhibited signs of illness within the last 14 days.
- Should an employee of JFM who was performing fieldwork test positive for COVID-19, JFM will assume the responsibility to notify the management and/or owner of the site.
The above may change as required to suit the current situation surrounding the evolving pandemic.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time and wish that everyone stays safe and healthy.